Loading
Francoise Nielly-one of the finest artists I have come across; a truly talented painter whose paintings exhibit force, energy and take you into some other world. The way she amalgamates different colors and comes up with such vibrant paintings is absolutely commendable.

She blends the effects of oil and knife that seems perfect from every angle. Her work is exhibited and sold through Europe, Canada and the United States. Francoise has been a photographer as well as illustrator in the advertising world earlier but now she is a full time artist rocking the world of arts.

I read a statement by her in an interview that really impressed me, "I work with intuition, without a net. I throw myself within the white of the canvas and it’s an intense experience, desirable and formidable. It’s a combination of conflicting and complementary internal movements; excitement, anxiety, pleasure, vertigo, attraction, doubt and acceleration. It’s always breathtaking". I am sure she has much more to share with us. Lets know what it is in the interview below:


Francoise, please introduce yourself to E-junkies.

My friends tell me that I am a person with character and lots of energy. My life is structured around my painting.













































You're absolutely a great artist! No doubt about that. What motivates that artistic side within you?

Desire is my greatest motivation. When I am in front of an empty canvas I am free – free to be – with myself and also with my subject.























It is really fascinating to see you painting in the video you have posted on your website. Looks awesome! Would you like to describe the whole process in creating such masterpieces?

What you ask is impossible to answer. Each painting is improvised. Nothing is pre-destined; I begin. Layer after layer of paint - added, removed, adjusted - to suit my passion for the subject. Nothing is calculated. It is a transfer from my being to the canvas.



































How do you consider paintings as a way to communicate one's thoughts?

I don’t communicate thoughts through my work. I communicate energy; I transmit energy - through the subject, through color, through the pose and through the technique. The receiver can interpret the work any way s/he desires. As humans have an infinite number of dimensions, there is an infinite number of ways to receive the energy I paint into each œuvre.


















































It seems that you love to paint portraits! Is that your favorite subject? What are the other subjects you like to work on?

I am fascinated by the person, not the portrait itself. And, in reality, I have no favorite «subject», per say. I transmit my energy and passion directly to the canvas. I’m working on many other different kinds of projects – a sports car for Citroën, a series of scarves, a limited snowboard series for Burton, various fashion proposals, and other prospects.


















































You possess so many wonderful creations! Which one is the closest to your heart?

I don’t have a painting that is closest to my heart. Each paintings transmits something unique. …..something that is a part of me.




















































Do you have any dream project?

My dream is to go to Telluride to meet and speak with Rob Schultheis and to paint his portrait. When I read his book, «L’or des fous» I knew then that it was important for me to experience that place.


Share the best compliment you've ever received for your artwork; the one which is very special to you and you can't really forget.

Right now there are many copies on my work – in galleries and also on the Internet. I suppose that is the best compliment an artist can have.
























Other than painting, what are the other things that interest you?

Life. Life interests me. …and all of the things that make living here now so interesting. Furniture design, fashion, and architecture in addition to swimming, reading and sharing a moment with my closest friends all rate at the top of my list.





























































Many other artists and our readers would draw inspiration from such a great artist like you. What message do you have for them?

Follow your passion – your heart’s desire. Be original. Learn from others and then do your own thing. Don’t copy or imitate. Look and then listen to your inner self, and that passion that will see you through life’s harder moments.





























Francoise, no words can actually explain how amazing your paintings are. We feel fortunate to have you on our blog and we wish you all the very best for everything you do in future. Thanks a lot for talking to us!

Check out Francoise's website.
Fallen for her artwork? Connect with her on Facebook.
Follow her on Twitter.
Catch up with Francoise on Behance.

To read more inspiring interviews of talented artists like Francoise, you can subscribe to our RSS feeds. You can also choose to receive updates via email

Do join us on Facebook as well: 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Post a Comment