Loading
Yes-you read it right! As Einstein was a genius in Physics, likewise Trey Ratcliff is a gifted photographer. You'll be mesmerized by the finishing in his work and how beautifully he livens up whatever he captures through his lens.

His blog 'Stuck in Customs' has now become the #1 Travel blog where you'll find Trey's exclusive work and his journey through various destinations. See the image in your left and I bet you fall in love with it.Trey belongs to a science background but he found his passion that lies in photography. His career in photography started around 5 years ago and he took no classic training in it.

Well, if you aspire to become a photographer and are looking for the right guidance, do not miss going through his free HDR Tutorial. This will definitely help you take better pictures.

It is an honor for us to feature him as 'Artist Of The Week' on our blog. Catch his interview below amidst some of my favorite pictures taken by Trey:


Trey, let's start with a brief introduction of yours.

Oh, hello. I'm Trey, and I'm a photographer. I'm not sure what inspires the photographer inside of me.



What inspires the photographer within you?

Oh, well, since you are demanding an answer here, I suppose what inspires me is some sort of internal and eternal fount of wonder about the world. I'm very curious about light, color, and the nature of memories. I wish I could say I was an incredible photographer.






















You're an incredible photographer and the pictures taken by you say that all. Can you recall any incident that made you realize you're meant to be an extraordinary photographer?

It's very hard for me to know some of these truths in an objective way. However, I do know when I capture true beauty. I can feel this. Also, I know about various other things people use to indicate "extraordinary" status, such as having the first HDR photograph to hang in the Smithsonian and getting over 175,000 daily views of my photos online. Of course, it wasn't that high when I started blogging. To be honest, I don't know what inspired me to start blogging.

























What inspired you to start blogging? What is your perception about blogging?

Aha, well, this is a difficult interview if you are going to be like that. I suppose what inspired me to start blogging is simple salient fact that I decided I would like to have a digital extension of my natural self. I don't say that in a flippant way, but instead as a philosophical basis for my entire online presence. I hope these long thoughtful answers are good for you, because I'm really not into rapid fire questions.
















































Let's have a rapid fire:

What camera do you use?

Aha, well, I have a Nikon D3X and a Nikon D3S.One camera accessory you can't do without?My tripod. I have a full list of my camera equipment at http://www.StuckInCustoms.com/hdr-camera.


Your favorite time(day, night, etc.) of the day for photographing?

Sunset.


Your favorite weather for photographing?

72 degrees F or 21 C.


Your favorite subject of photography?

Landscapes.


Your favorite location(s) in the world for photographing?

Iceland and New Zealand.One line that keeps you going?There's a nice quite from Churchill: "Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm."


























This is a difficult one but we would love to know about your favorite image that you've captured so far.

I suppose it is the photo of the Taj Mahal that leads up the portfolio at stuckincustoms.smugmug.com.




You're a renowned photographer and people all over the world appreciate your work. How does it feel?

My dad has this saying... it's: "I might not be much, but I'm all I can think about."


How would you describe your style?

I don't categorize at all... I really don't like categorization because it fills the reader's head with preconceptions... I don't think any artist likes to be categorized.
























Which equipment you'd like to buy next?

Some new bits to attach onto my RED Epic.


What is the best part of being a photographer?

Being an irresponsible artist where strange behavior is considered eccentric and interesting rather than just downright weird.



























What are the other things that interests you? Your favorite movies, websites, blogs, music, etc.?

I have a wide array of things that go into my brain... I love everything from Patrick Rothfuss books to eclectic music that I collect from all over the world.


What would you advise a budding photographer?

Don't listen to other photographers because they have too much of their own baggage that they bring to the conversation. In fact, don't even listen to me... find your own way, and that is the right way.
























And a final word for our readers?

Just focus on doing awesome things, and everything else will take care of itself.


















































Trey, it was fun to interview you. I had a great time learning about you. Thank you so much for being with us. It was a pleasure. :)

Trey's blog: Stuck In Customs
SIC on Facebook.
SIC on Twitter.
Catch up with Trey on Twitter.

To read more interviews of inspiring artists like Trey, you can subscribe to our RSS feed. You can also choose to receive updates via email.

And if you are an artist and wish to featured as 'Artist Of The Week' on our blog, then do write to us and share your work with us. :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Post a Comment