Loading
As an art lover, it feels really great to learn about young talented artists like Katie Alves. She creates beautiful scenes on her eyes, lips and full face. Her creations will leave you dumbstruck and take you to a beautiful, colorful world. The most amazing thing about her artwork is the detailing in the scenes she creates on her eyes. Even though her canvas is so tiny, but the quality of her art remains unmatched.

The variety of colors she uses compliments the concepts of her designs. Well I can talk about Katie's work endlessly. It is influencing and leaves a strong impact on your artistic nerve. And it is an immense pleasure to feature her 'Artist of the Week' on our blog.

Read her interview below and get ready to land into a colorful planet while watching some of her best creations:



Katie, lets start with a brief introduction of yours.

I'm 22, I live in Ontario, Canada and I design scenes on my eyes, lips and face!











































Did you take any formal training in designing or is it something that comes naturally to you?

I went to school for graphic design, but I have zero training in make-up.














































Your artwork is unbelievable Katie. Enlighten us with the creative work process involved in it.

First I have to get an idea! I try to think of something that will be extremely eye catching and bright! One I have the design, I try it out. I start by putting down an eyeliner base (usually the same colour as the eyeshadow that's on top) and then add the background colors. I then use liquid eyeliners for the details. For the really tiny details, I use a pin!
































What tools do you use to create such astounding designs?

Regular make-up (eyeshadow, liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner) and a pin.





























What inspires the artist within you?

At first it was Halloween! That's what got me started with all this! Then as I got more followers on deviant art, they started suggesting things! So a lot of my work is created because of my followers!





















Which creation by you has been the most challenging one so far?

I'd have to say the Nightmare before Christmas one! I had just gotten a new yellow and it turned out that it really liked to smudge. So my little jack was getting covered up with all this yellow. So it was quite difficult trying to keep it from smudging!




















And the most special one; the one closest to your heart?

I think my first. It really showed me that I could do it! Once I found out that I could, it inspired me to move onto eyes!




People all over the web appreciate your work! Share the best compliment you have ever received for your work.

I love to hear that my artwork has inspired others to play with the arts! My designs haven't just inspired make-up lovers, but also painters and drawers!












































Do you have any dream design that you'd like to create?

In the near future, I'd love to create an entire calendar of full face artwork. So each design would be inspired by the seasons!


Many other artists would draw inspiration from you. What message do you have for them?

Never say you can't do something until you actually try it. If someone had told me back in high school about doing little designs with make-up, I would have told myself that I could never have done it. It took a while for me to say "You know what? I'm just going to try it!" Even if you find out you can't do it, at least you tried it! There's no way of knowing what you can do until you try!




Katie, what a wonderful job you're doing! Your artwork looks spectacular. Thanks for sparing time to talk to us. We wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.


Check out Katie's portfolio.
Connect with her on Facebook.
Say hi to her on Twitter.


To read more interviews of talented artists like Katie, you can subscribe to our RSS feeds. You can also choose to receive updates via email.

Join us on Facebook as well:
Related Posts with Thumbnails

3 Responses to 'Artist Of The Week: Katie Alves, A Brilliant Make Up Artist Creating Beautiful Scenes On Her Eyes, Lips & Face'

  1. https://e-junkieinfo.blogspot.com/2011/07/artist-of-week-katie-alves-brilliant.html?showComment=1310969870877#c2087748086021185156'> July 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM

    Its pretty amazing and wonderful sharing very unbelievable make up, i like Katie's work and will say keep it high its amazing.

     

  2. https://e-junkieinfo.blogspot.com/2011/07/artist-of-week-katie-alves-brilliant.html?showComment=1310999897066#c7817719165780365793'> July 18, 2011 at 7:38 AM

    Its pretty amazing and wonderful sharing very unbelievable make up, i like Katie's work and will say keep it high its amazing.

     

  3. Elisa Jed Said,
    https://e-junkieinfo.blogspot.com/2011/07/artist-of-week-katie-alves-brilliant.html?showComment=1380131682328#c5294818279667847602'> September 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM

    How amazing! Is any of the makeup used with mineral foundation powder? Truly astounding.

     

Post a Comment