Loading

Book Origami By Isaac Salazar

Posted: 1/21/2011
Isaac Salazar from El Paso discovered the artist within him during house hunting for himself when he saw a book art similar to Reader's Digest Christmas tree. This triggered curiosity and the dormant artist within him decided to give book origami a shot. 

"I first started off doing simple letters, alternating pages for each fold but now I am doing more complex and intricate fonts." shares Isaac. 

Have a look at some of the many artistic creations by Isaac which is bound to invoke inspiration:

































































Isaac Salazar in his own words:

"I am someone who has never taken an art class in my life but have stumbled upon making Book Art/Book Origami. I didn't think I had an artistic bone in my body and never thought of myself as creative. I had seen the Reader's Digest Christmas trees and wondered if it was possible to create a different design or use words. 
I use simple arithmetic and an exacto knife as my supplies along with lots of time. It takes me anywhere from a day for the simpler styles to 2 weeks for the more complex styles. My inspiration comes from multiple things and places. I can browse the used book section for titles that stand out to me. Rarely do I use new books, unless I am commissioned to. I like to watch Planet Green, and am into alternative energy, recycling and re-purposing so it's a good feeling to know my art can contribute to reducing waste."

For more creative book art you also see:



If you wish to learn about more creative artists like Isaac, then do subscribe to our blog. You can also choose to receive updates directly in your inbox. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter as well.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Post a Comment